Saturday, February 25, 2023

One of Them


They're so young, beautiful and carefree
with their whole lives ahead of them
They really don't know how young and beautiful they are


Two girls and six boys
So pleasingly splendid they sit
together as a family of angels
Their smiles are the solution to all our problems


If I captured their light, I could radiate the world
Their oh so gorgeous heavenly laughter could heal all mankind
Their splendid innocence could actually save me, if I had access


Oh to be one of them... I'd give my legs
Their lives are laid out before them
I can see the success written on all their faces
It's like they know they're victorious
but are only going to through the motions


Their pedestal is so high
that they can't detect the putrid stench of my covetousness  
which follows me like a cloud and camoflagues me from any normality 
or sanity


can you save me???


Oh to be one of them
I'd give both my arms
I'd give my lungs for just one day
one hour
 just to be one of them

No comments:

Post a Comment